SpaceBridge Inc., (formerly known as Advantech Wireless Inc.) is currently looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
- Provide financial statement along with detailed analysis to the leadership team,
- Developing budgets, rolling forecasts, long term growth models, and ROI and trend analysis.
- Prepare, analyze and report month-end results (budgets vs actuals) to functional teams and to Senior Management.
- Improve the product costing system to ensure that the profitability of each product and product line is adequately monitored. This will include development of systems and methodologies to support proposals and new contract quotes in real time, including the FX effects. Implement the quoting module of the ERP to give instant cost and GM information to the sales MGMT team.
- Validate balances for the financial statements for all the individual divisions and explain deviations.
- Responsible for P&L analysis to maximize Gross Profit by product/customer/region/mix.
- Conducting other variance analysis (i.e. volume variance, inventory revaluation, plant variances, inventory to GL).
- Identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives and establish best practices to enhance the level of analytics.
- Production costing analyzes based on BoM, labor and overhead allocation.
- Reconcile the Inventory to the GL.
- Calculate inventory provisions.
- Verify balances in other GL accounts as needed.
- Support information required for Audits/consultants.
- Generate ad hoc reports and various other projects as needed.
- Responsible for SIF (Strategic Innovations Fund) funding reports.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University Degree in Business/Accounting or Finance
- Possess an accounting designation (CPA, CA, or CPA, CMA)
- Minimum 5 years of progressive finance and business experience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Positive attitude and team spirit
- Proven analytical capabilities and strong problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of product cost modeling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and champion your ideas
- Experience in Hi-tech manufacturing environment
- Advanced user of Excel
- Knowledge of Movex, MAX or other ERP/MRP is an asset
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SpaceBridge is an equal opportunity employer.