SpaceBridge Inc., formerly known as Advantech Wireless Inc., is currently looking for a Contract Administrator to support the Legal Department in its Corporate, Secretarial and Commercial functions. The chosen candidate will also be responsible for both pre-contractual and post-contractual phases of commercial contracts (i.e. preparation, drafting, and administration) in close collaboration with the marketing and sales department.
- Research and write corporate and commercial documents, including financing and securities documents.
- Report and provide general litigation support.
- Provide assistance in requests for information and reviews of internal customer requests for legal assistance.
- Attend meetings and conferences and help with field investigations.
- Interact with internal clients and governmental organizations and field new case inquiries.
- Research a wide range of legal issues.
- Review files to determine the actual status i.e. pending, closed, archived, including the termination of destruction dates.
- Provide general legal support to all functional areas as needed;
- Assist the General Counsel in the day-to-day legal affairs of the corporation;
- Drafting of resolutions of the board and maintenance of the minutes book
- Review of contracts and contractual documentation;
- Ensure management of documentation;
- Participate in contract planning and negotiations, if required;
- Review contractual obligations and contract templates;
- Be prepared to assist other Company personnel and to carry our other duties and responsibilities relating to contract administration and other tasks as required;
- Draft and negotiate NDAs, memorandums of understanding and other letters of intent, as well as partnering arrangements, as required;
- Treatment of letter of credit (L/C), including
- Review of L/C Draft before acceptance;
- Review of all document required for collection of the L/C with the bank;
- Transmission of documents to the bank for collection.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field (law degree strong asset).
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in law firm or business
- Bilingualism preferred; French, English
- Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and/or Hebrew is an asset.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SpaceBridge is an equal opportunity employer.