Digital Signal Processing Engineers
Summary of Position:
Digital Signal Processing Engineers specializing in design of Digital Communication Systems are required to work on new and innovative products in the field of Satellite Communications.
Candidates must have broad knowledge of signal processing techniques pertinent to communication systems. Areas of particular interest involve all forms of modulation and demodulation, encryption, storage and redundancy based protection systems. Experience in design of Satellite Ground segment based Hubs, Terminals, Modems and Routers and associated equipment is of particular interest.
Specific Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5 years relevant design experience supported with documented examples of achievements.
- Team Leader Minimum level of PhD or MSc plus applicable post graduate courses. Senior Engineers – MSc minimum.
- Candidates for Team Leaders must have previous experience of managing teams.
- We are looking for engineers with strong theoretical knowledge of the signal processing chain from IP-Networks through to modulation of the RF signal to the Satellite. Of specific interest is:
- Analysis and design of feedback loops used in AGC, PLL, Power Level control and antenna control systems etc.
- Detailed knowledge of s- and z- domain design techniques, Sampled Data systems, Digital Filter design etc.
- Fully conversant in design and analysis of digital communication subsystems such as:
- Modulation and Demodulation, QAM, TDMA, DSSS, etc.
- Signal Coding for error correction, Reed-Solomon, Turbo, LDPC, etc.
- Secure system design using encryption.
- Must have strong mathematical training and be fully fluent with available mathematical and engineering tools to design, simulate and implement DSP designs.
- Need to be able to work well in a team environment, support and communicate with other disciplines such as Systems, Software and FPGA designers.
- Require an organized and disciplined approach to work. Able to breakdown assignments into tasks, estimate the time for each task and keep within the resulting schedule.
- Have demonstrable troubleshooting skills. Able to work with other engineering disciplines to develop techniques to identify problems to root cause and resolve as quickly as possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.