Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineer
We are currently looking for a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineers specialized in design of Digital Communication Systems is required to work on new and innovative products in the field of Satellite Communications. The areas of particular interest involve all forms of modulation and demodulation, encryption, storage and redundancy based protection systems. Experience in design of Satellite Ground Segment including Hubs, Terminals, Modems and Routers and associated equipment is of particular interest.
- Analysis and design of feedback loops used in AGC, PLL, Power Level control and antenna control systems etc.
- Design and analysis of digital communication subsystems such as:
- Modulation and Demodulation, QAM, TDMA, DSSS, etc.
- Secure system design using encryption.
- Signal Coding for error correction, Reed-Solomon, Turbo, LDPC, etc.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to develop techniques to identify problems to root cause and resolve as quickly as possible.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a master degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years relevant design experience supported with documented examples of achievements. Preference will be given to candidate that have experience with Digital Communication Circuit Design who have come to FPGA design as a means to implement designs in hardware.
- Detailed knowledge of s- and z- domain design techniques, Sampled Data systems, Digital Filter design, etc.
- Well versed in the DSP techniques applied in the development of a Software Defined Radio (SDR), digital receivers, etc.
- Exposure to FPGA/ASIC design and verification, synchronization techniques for Digital Receivers
- Must be able to use with facility the mathematical and engineering tools used to design, simulate and implement FPGA designs.
- Needs to be able to work well in a team environment, support and communicate with other disciplines such as Systems, Software and DSP designers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, troubleshooting skills, organizational skills and mathematical skills
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.