Hardware Designer(s) – Communications Equipment
Advantech Satellite Networks is seeking a dynamic candidate for the role of Hardware Designer – Communication Equipment. If you have a love for engineering and technology, working in a fast-paced engineering environment, troubleshooting in real-time and have the patience and ability to communicate with employees around the world, read on!
We are looking for an engineer with a minimum of 3 years experience or an outstanding graduate hardware engineer with the following skill sets:
- Familiar with modern technologies of communications systems or a strong desire to pursue a career in Satellite communications Hardware Design
- Designing and documenting circuits for signal processing both analog and digital
- Knowledge of high-speed circuit design or the theoretical principle applicable to high-speed design
- Experience with Gigabit switch / router circuits MAC and PHY using SGMII interfaces
- Basic knowledge of Digital Receivers and Modulators
- Basic principles of high–speed Printed Circuit Board design, placement, routing and controlled impedance
- Matlab/Simulink knowledge and basic Spice is desirable
- Basic understanding of power circuits design, ADC and DAC circuits, some RF design.
- Programmable Logic knowledge, FPGA & CPLD, hardware approach; firmware approach is a bonus
- Basic knowledge on Schematics Capture and PCB design tools
- Strong technical writing ability in English is a requirement
- Good communication skills as well as the ability to work very well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering as a minimum with a concentration in Hardware Design
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.