Payroll and Human Resources Administrator
As the Payroll and Human Resources Administrator, reporting to the VP – Administration and Corporate Affairs, your role will be to provide services and support in the areas of Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources.
- Manage and process payroll for hourly and salaried employees.
- Maintain and administer group insurance and benefits.
- Provide services in areas of Human Resources, according to Company policies and procedures.
- Manage all recruitment and selection activities including: creating job descriptions, sourcing, interviewing, onboarding, and employee retention.
- On-going management of training programs from onboarding to employee development including Bill 90 reporting.
- Continual maintenance of the work structure by collaborating with management to update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Assist in the development of strong action plans that improve employee engagement and hold leaders accountable for ownership of plans and results.
- Act as an agent of change by assisting in the developing, updating and implementing all HR policies and procedures.
- Other related administrative support duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills and experience partnering with the business leaders and hiring managers.
- Knowledge of payroll software Ceridian – Latitude and Time Solutions and a general accounting background.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office – Excel and computer applications.
- Ability to multi-task effectively while maintaining organization, detail and quality.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with a high level of credibility and reliability.
- Ability to manage a consistent workload, spanning multiple business units and geographic locations.
- In depth knowledge of labor regulations and HR best practices
Educational and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources (or equivalent preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a payroll administrator and/or Human Resources in a similar role.
- Experience with benefits administration
- Member of the Canadian Payroll Association, an asset
- English and French (spoken and written)
- Experience delivering hiring results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Make your future at Advantech we are more than a global company filled with innovative technology, it is the belief that the future of leading-edge communication lies with us, and in every situation one should be able to connect to the world.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.