PCB DESIGNER and PCB/CAD LIBRARIAN
SpaceBridge Inc. (formerly known as Advantech Wireless Inc.) is currently looking for a PCB Designer and PCB/CAD Librarian. The chosen candidate will create, maintain and check all PCB Libraries, the layout design and generation of PCB assembly documentation package. This is a full-time permanent position, based in Montreal.
- Create and maintain Logic Symbol Libraries of new electronic components from specification data sheets using Capture CIS.
- Design land pattern geometries (footprints) per IPC-7351 & IPC-7351A or industry (specific customer) standards using Cadence Allegro.
- Daily inspection of CIS Database (Verification and updating of data according to modification in the Doc Application System). Responsible for all PCB libraries activity. Interface with PCB designers and engineers on new components.
- High-Speed Board Layout design, multilayer environment, mixed signal layout, high density placement, controlled impedance routing,
- Generation the printed board documentation package (schematic capture, printed board assembly drawing (Shop-Aid), manufacturing instruction (MI) for configuration of PCB Assembly.
- Correction of the PCB and Schematics documentation package according to ECO.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must have minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to read and understand component manufacturer’s data sheets from librarian perspective.
- Experienced with PCB Layout design and Schematics drafting Allegro/Orcad CAD tools.
- Experience with the following software tools: (Cadence Allegro, Orcad Design entry CIS; PCB Libraries: LP Librarian, Calculator and Wizards)
- Knowledge of IPC standards (IPC-7351A, IPC-SM-782)
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SpaceBridge is an equal opportunity employer.