We are currently looking for a pre-sales engineer to join our team in Montreal. A Pre-Sales Engineer’s function is to assist in the sale’s bids and proposal tasks.
- Responsible to support the sales process during all its life cycle
- Reply directly to tenders and offers and manage other parties that are involved in the reply
- Perform tenders evaluation, gap analyzes and recommend go/no go
- Coordinate the various internal parties related to the offer preparation via matrix management.
- Provide technical feedback to the product management.
- Present the product(s) to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Provide detailed descriptions of the designed network configurations responding to specific customer requirements including but not limited to
- Overall Technical Description.
- System Diagrams.
- Rack Elevation.
- Equipment description.
- Link Budgets.
- Prepare commercial proposals including, but not limited to
- Margin Analysis Sheet
- Bill of Material
- Price and Commercial Proposal
- Provide to the sales force adequate technical information and training to help them in their sales activities
- Communicate all relevant information to the PMO group once a proposal has been materialized.
- Perform equipment demonstrations when required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering or related
- Minimum of 5 years of bid/proposal experience
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Good comprehension of VSAT systems and VSAT market is highly preferred
- Must be resourceful and adapt rapidly to the market and product evolution
- Ability to create and perform technical and marketing presentations to customers and partners
- Knowledge on Satellite Link Budgets is preferred
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.