Systems Design Engineer – Cellular Backhauling
Sommaire du poste/Position summary
A Systems Design Engineer, Majoring in Cellular Backhauling who will join a new “startup like” effort in a cutting edge emerging technology and be part of a multi-national team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals focusing on developing a technology that will become a game changer in satellite communication networks.
The incumbent shall have the knowledge about Satellite baseband system, with focus on Cellular Backhauling and shall be able to picturize the logical correlation between Different hardware/Software layers and functions. The incumbent will be improvising the system by creative designs, research and integration activities.
Fonctions Principales/Essential functions
A Systems Design Engineer shall be capable of providing architecture, design and specification for CBH features on the satellite baseband platform and future HTS system, with focus on Consumer Market HTS systems and corporate specific communication requirements.
The incumbent shall perform R&D tasks to improve his/her capabilities in a real environment and understanding about the system, and to improve the system and to provide accurate feedback to developers at the same time. Therefore, he/she shall be familiar with R&D concepts and capable of working with test tools and in the lab environment.
Knowledge and experience:
- Cellular backhauling concepts/design/implementation including 3G, LTE and future technologies (5G). Multiple modulation and coding technologies. Knowledge of other types of wireless technologies is an asset.
- Hands-on experience with EnodeBs, MME, EPC etc. provided by different vendors.
- Experience with simulation environment and test tools regarding Cellular networks.
- Optimization on CBH data stream, (Acceleration, compression …)
- Various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, performance enhancement protocols [PEP], Quality of Service [QoS], etc).
- Familiarity with Network technologies such as TCP/IP, Routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP), MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VoIP (SIP, H323), 802.1PQ, STP, Cisco devices and firmware.
- Close familiarity with Knowledge of complex IP network infrastructure and Network Security
- Familiarity with the satellite communication systems at physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation etc), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling). Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is an asset.
- Familiarity with IoT, IIoT, IoE, Mobile Edge computing (MEC) – Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Familiarity with Security and Encryption techniques and mechanism (Comsec – Transec) – an advantage
- Understanding the behavior of network protocols in a satellite network environment (latency, jitter)
- Working in telecommunication lab with test equipment
- Understanding of satellite mobility requirements – an advantage
- EMS/NMS, OSS/BSS, Accounting/Billing systems – an advantage
Exigences du poste/Position Qualification
- Networking, Telecommunication, Electronics, Computer, IT Engineer or other related fields of study(M.Sc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in communication systems engineering/designs.
- Strong Lab R&D and Integration enthusiasm and capability.
- Strive for continuous improvement of product and system.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills in English.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.