Systems Design Engineer – Network
Sommaire du poste/Position summary
A Systems Design Engineer, Majoring in Networking, IP, Packet processing and Security concepts, who will join a new “startup like” effort in a cutting edge emerging technology and be part of a multi-national team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals focusing on developing a technology that will become a game changer in satellite communication networks.
The incumbent shall have the detailed knowledge about Satellite baseband system, with focus on Networking, IP (layer 3) and Security, and shall be able to picturize the logical correlation between Different hardware/Software layers and functions. The incumbent will be improvising the system by creative designs, research and integration activities.
Fonctions Principales/Essential functions
A Systems Design Engineer shall be capable of providing Networking architecture, design and specification for new features as well as new systems such as HTS, with focus on Cellular backhauling, Consumer Market HTS systems and corporate specific communication requirements.
The incumbent shall perform R&D tasks to improve his/her capabilities in a real environment and understanding about the system, and to improve the system and to provide accurate feedback to developers at the same time. Therefore, he/she shall be familiar with R&D concepts and capable of working with test tools and in the lab environment.
Knowledge and experience:
- Various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, performance enhancement protocols [PEP], Packet processing, Quality of Service [QoS], etc).
- Network technologies such as TCP/IP, Routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP), MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VoIP (SIP, H323), 802.1PQ, STP, Cisco devices and firmware.
- Knowledge of complex IP network infrastructure and Network Security.
- Close familiarity with the satellite communication systems at physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation etc), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling). Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is an asset.
- Knowledge of Security and Encryption techniques and mechanism (Comsec – Transec)
- IoT, IIoT, IoE, Mobile Edge computing (MEC) – Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Familiarity with Cellular backhauling concepts/design/implementation. Knowledge of the other types of wireless technologies is an asset.
- Understanding the behavior of network protocols in a satellite network environment (latency, jitter)
- Working in telecommunication lab with test equipment
- Understanding of satellite mobility requirements – an advantage
- Java Server applications in Open Source framework – an advantage
- EMS/NMS, OSS/BSS, Accounting/Billing systems – an advantage
Exigences du poste/Position Qualification
- Networking, Telecommunication, Electronics, Computer, IT Engineer or other related fields of study(M.Sc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in communication systems engineering/designs.
- Strong Lab R&D and Integration enthusiasm and capability.
- Strive for continuous improvement of product and system.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills in English.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.