Systems Design Engineer – NMS
Sommaire du poste/Position summary
A Systems Design Engineer, Majoring in Network Monitoring and Management systems (NMS), who will join a new “startup like” effort in a cutting edge emerging technology and be part of a multi-national team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals focusing on developing a technology that will become a game changer in satellite communication networks.
The incumbent shall have the detailed knowledge about different layers of Network management systems preferably for ISPs and Satellite baseband systems, and shall be able to picturize the logical correlation between Different hardware/Software layers and functions. The incumbent will be improvising the system by creative designs, research and integration activities.
Fonctions Principales/Essential functions
A NMS Systems Design Engineer shall be capable of providing architecture, design and specification for a new Network management system for High throughput satellite systems (HTS), with focus on Mobility, Advanced OSS/BSS, ISP customers, Cellular backhauling, Consumer Market HTS systems and Corporate specific communication requirements.
The incumbent shall perform R&D tasks to improve his/her capabilities in a real environment and understanding about the system, and to improve the system and to provide accurate feedback to developers at the same time. Therefore, he/she shall be familiar with R&D concepts and capable of working with test tools and in the lab environment.
Knowledge and experience:
- UX/UI and core design for Network Management systems, Network Configuration Systems, OSS/BSS (Including Billing and accounting), CRM etc.
- Database design and architecture.
- Northbound interfaces, SOAP, REST etc.
- Netconf, Elastic search, Logstash, Syslog.
- Virtual Private Networks (VNOs)
- Maps, Graphs, Statistics
- Close familiarity with the satellite communication systems. Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is an asset.
- Familiarity with Cellular backhauling. Knowledge of the other types of wireless technologies is an asset.
- Familiarity with various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, performance enhancement protocols [PEP], Quality of Service [QoS], etc) – an advantage
- Familiarity with complex IP network infrastructure – an advantage
- Working in telecommunication lab with test equipment
- Knowledge of Security and Encryption techniques and mechanism (Comsec – Transec) – an advantage
- Mobile Edge computing (MEC) – Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – an advantage
- Understanding of satellite mobility requirements – an advantage
- Java Server applications in Open Source framework
Exigences du poste/Position Qualification
- Web/Software Programming, Networking, Telecommunication, Computer, IT Engineer and other related fields of study(M.Sc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in NMS related engineering/designs.
- Strong Lab R&D and Integration enthusiasm and capability.
- Strive for continuous improvement of product and system.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills in English.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.