Systems Design Engineer – Physical And Datalink Layer
Sommaire du poste/Position summary
A Systems Design Engineer, Majoring in Physical and Datalink layers, who will join a new “startup like” effort in a cutting edge emerging technology and be part of a multi-national team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals focusing on developing a technology that will become a game changer in satellite communication networks.
The incumbent shall have the detailed knowledge about Satellite baseband system with focus of Physical and datalink layers, and shall be able to picturize the logical correlation between Different hardware/Software layers and functions. The incumbent will be improvising the system by creative designs, research and integration activities.
Fonctions Principales/Essential functions
A Systems Design Engineer shall be capable of providing architecture, design and specification for new features as well as new systems such as HTS for physical and datalink layers, with focus on Cellular backhauling, Consumer Market HTS systems and corporate specific communication requirements, specifically for physical and datalink layer.
The incumbent shall perform R&D tasks to improve his/her capabilities in a real environment and understanding about the system, and to improve the system and to provide accurate feedback to developers at the same time. Therefore, he/she shall be familiar with R&D concepts and capable of working with test tools and in the lab environment.
Knowledge and experience:
- Satellite communication systems at physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation etc), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling, encapsulation …). Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is an asset.
- Familiarity with Cellular backhauling concepts/design/implementation. Knowledge of the other types of wireless technologies is an asset.
- Understanding of satellite mobility requirements
- Close familiarity with various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, performance enhancement protocols [PEP], Quality of Service [QoS], etc).
- Understanding the behavior of network protocols in a satellite network environment (latency, jitter)
- Working in telecommunication lab with test equipment
- Knowledge of Security and Encryption techniques and mechanism (Comsec – Transec)
- Performance analysis using Matlab
- Close familiarity with FPGA and DSP design
- EMS/NMS, OSS/BSS, Accounting/Billing systems – an advantage
Exigences du poste/Position Qualification
- Networking, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineer or other related fields of study(M.Sc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in communication systems engineering/designs.
- Strong Lab R&D and Integration enthusiasm and capability.
- Strive for continuous improvement of product and system.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills in English.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech is an equal opportunity employer.